We strive to create content that is clear, concise, and easy to understand. Writing a love letter to yourself actually has benefits too. It helps relieve anxiety, increases your creativity and promotes confidence.
I would be lying if I didn’t say we felt powerless around him. We spent immeasurable time trying to find a way to support you. It hurts so bad to remember the countless hours we spent worrying about you. Even with our best efforts, we soon realized we were helping our addict, not our son; he was already gone. I envy those who seem to quit with almost no effort.
A Letter to My Addicted Son
Like all unhealthy relationships, it’s time for you to end things with your addiction once and for all. It starts with you confronting your addiction head on. I would like to encourage you if you love an addict to make the hard choices, for us. I didn’t have the ability to stop doing what I was doing.
- Often, what once began as partying hard, ends up as the foundation for years of addiction-related issues and a lack of direction when college and partying days come to a close.
- This is my letter to my addiction, a candid confession of our twisted relationship.
- It was as if I had never heard rain before.
- A goodbye letter to alcohol or drugs can also help you in the future as a physical symbol of your commitment to changing for the better.
- That’s normal, though–that’s why you’re an addiction and not a habit.
The rain poured harder and harder as I sat mesmerized with you. The natural lure you possessed was enough to make any man fall victim to your ways. Want to have your story featured on Addiction Center?
The Top Ten Reasons That People Become Addicted to Drugs
Look at how far you’ve come and all you’ve accomplished. Write about how you positively impact the goodbye letter to alcohol people around you. Express attributes about yourself that you admire and work to cultivate.
I hit some of the lowest points in my life, and I now realize that I am worth more. I will pursue new opportunities, achieve new goals, and adopt a healthy lifestyle. And to do all of this, I need you out of my life.